Liverpool are already making plans for the summer transfer window as they head towards a 20th league title.
The Reds are currently nine points clear of Arsenal with a game in hand, and can promise transfer targets UEFA Champions League football for next season.
That makes life a little easier for Richard Hughes – Director of Football at Anfield – in terms of selling the club to potential signings.
Position | Team | Played MP |
Won W |
Drawn D |
Lost L |
For GF |
Against GA |
Diff GD |
Points Pts |
29 | 21 | 7 | 1 | 69 | 27 | 42 | 70 | ||
2 | 30 | 17 | 10 | 3 | 55 | 25 | 30 | 61 | |
3 | 30 | 17 | 6 | 7 | 50 | 35 | 15 | 57 | |
4 | 29 | 14 | 7 | 8 | 53 | 37 | 16 | 49 |
One possible arrival for Liverpool is Crystal Palace No.6 Marc Guehi – amid another season of injuries for Joe Gomez and doubts over the future of Virgil van Dijk.
Now, Crystal Palace boss Oliver Glasner has shared some very honest comments on the England international.
Oliver Glasner says Marc Guehi could leave Crystal Palace this summer with Liverpool keen
TBR Football understand Liverpool made contact to sign Guehi as early as last year in an attempt to establish what it would take to sign him – and are plotting another swoop this summer.
The man born in Abidjan will only have 12 months remaining on his contract at Selhurst Park by the time June comes around, and Glasner has now conceded to the News Shopper that his captain could depart.
When asked about Guehi, the Austrian said: “We haven’t just started talking about his contract. The talks were going on even before I arrived – for more than two years now. Marc is thinking what is best for his personal career and this is what we have to accept. I don’t know (if he will sign a new deal). I don’t think about what happens in summer. On the 26th of May, I will turn my phone off for one or two weeks and then we will see what happens.
“Everybody knows he is a great footballer and great character. Let’s see what happens. Of course, no manager would want to lose their captain. It will be Marc’s decision, but I know that he is so focused on improving his game and our game. It has no influence on his performances.”
Guehi is believed to be keen on a move to Liverpool this summer.
Crystal Palace unlikely to receive another £70m bid
Tottenham saw a £70m bid rejected for Guehi on transfer deadline day back in January – with Crystal Palace demanding £75m to sell at that stage of the window.
Marc Guehi doubles @CPFC‘s lead with a delightful finish from Eze’s delivery 💥
📺 @tntsports & @discoveryplusUK pic.twitter.com/zkYZTbyU6R
— Football on TNT Sports (@footballontnt) January 15, 2025
The summer – however – represents a different landscape, as the south Londoners risk losing the defender for nothing in 2026 if they do not agree to a sale.
Therefore, Crystal Palace find themselves in a weaker negotiating position, so Steve Parish would be fortunate to receive another bid as high as the £70m offer Tottenham made.